How cute are these rainbow sweetie bunnies made with chocolate and your favourite jelly sweets.
- Takes 45 mins + cooling
- Makes about 20 small
- 500g white chocolate, chopped
- 45ml sunflower oil
- food colouring of your choice
- 250ml jelly sweets (like jelly beans and jelly tots)
- 30ml sprinkles of your choice
- Melt the chocolate and oil in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until
smooth. Divide between as many bowls as colours you require and colour each with a drop of different food colouring.
- Grease bunny cutters (see tips) with cooking spray and place on a baking paper lined tray. Spoon in dollops of each colour until ½ full. Swirl through with a skewer and top with sweets and sprinkles. Repeat with the rest (remelt coloured chocolate if necessary).
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until hard. Gently press out, pulling the sides of the cutter slightly to come away from the chocolate.
- Having more than one bunny cutter will save time, alternatively use different Easter cutters like eggs and
chicks. You’ll need 7 x 9cm or 20 x 4cm cutters.
- Buy bulk white chocolate from baking stores to save money.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ALFRED NQAYI PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Apr, 2018