This ratatouille spaghetti is a delicious twist on the popular vegetarian dish
- 45 min
- 375g spaghetti
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brinjal, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 x 410g tins chopped tomatoes
- 30ml tomato paste
- 10ml dried oregano
- 3ml sugar
- basil, to serve
- grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the brinjal and pepper and fry for 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, sugar and season.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and reduced slightly and the brinjal is tender.
- Toss the sauce through the cooked spaghetti. Scatter basil and Parmesan over your ratatouille spaghetti before serving.
Magazine issue date: June, 2015