Santa Claus will definitely enjoy these delicious Red Velvet Cookies!
- 30 mins
- Makes 30
- 560ml (2¼ cups) cake flour
- 30ml (2T) cocoa powder
- 5ml (1t) cornflour
- 5ml (1t) bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- 110g soft butter
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 375ml (1½ cups) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5ml (1t) white vinegar
- 10ml (2t) vanilla essence
- 15ml (1T) red food colouring
- 100g white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, cornflour, bicarb and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, oil and sugar for about 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes fluffy. Slowly add in the eggs and
mix to combine. Add the vinegar, vanilla, and food colouring and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients. Line baking trays with baking paper and scoop out tablespoons of the cookie dough. Press slightly on the tray, taking care not to flatten the cookies. Bake for 8 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool, then drizzle with melted chocolate.
Use any chocolate you like to drizzle, or add some chopped chocolate to the dough before baking.
Magazine issue date: December, 2014