Use a box of cake mix to make these red velvet puddings layered with chocolate, nuts, coconut and cream cheese.
- 45 mins
- 375ml pecan nuts, chopped
- 180ml desiccated coconut
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 500g box red velvet cake mix (+ ingredients as per box recipe)
- 60g butter
- ½ x 230g tub cream cheese
- 500ml icing sugar
- ice cream or whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 10 x 375ml baking dishes. Divide the pecans, coconut and then chocolate between the dishes.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions. Spoon over the mixtures in the dishes.
- Heat the butter and cream cheese on medium until melted. Remove from heat and beat in icing sugar, one cup at a time. Spoon over the cake batter and swirl in.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out with a few moist crumbs. Serve warm with ice cream or cool and topped with whipped cream.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Feb, 2018