Make this refreshing watermelon salad on a hot day.
- 15 mins
- ½ watermelon, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 small green pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 125ml black olives
- 125ml Feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- handful basil leaves
- Summer Salad Dressing, to serve (see method)
- Mix the watermelon cubes with the onion, green pepper and black olives in a salad bowl. Add the Feta and scatter over the basil leaves.
- Drizzle with Summer Salad Dressing and serve.
SUMMER SALAD DRESSING
Make this dressing and keep it at room temperature for all your summer salads…
- Mix 125ml of olive or avocado oil with 45ml white wine vinegar, the zest and juice of 1 orange and 2 limes, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 15ml honey, 5ml wholegrain mustard, 1 chilli (optional), deseeded and finely sliced.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Allow melon to warm a little if it’s been in the fridge. A squeeze of lemon or lime juice will enhance the flavour of most melons.
Magazine issue date: January, 2011