You don't need a special occasion to make this special all-time favourite: rice krispie squares.
- 25 mins + setting
- Makes 30 squares
- 750ml Rice Krispies
- 250ml muesli
- 125ml apricots, chopped
- ½ x 385g tin condensed milk
- 60g butter
- 80ml honey
- Line a 20 x 30cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang.
- Combine the Rice Krispies, muesli and apricots.
- Heat the condensed milk, butter and honey on medium-low for 10 minutes or until the mixture turns light caramel. Make a well in the centre of the cereal mixture and pour in the hot sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan with the back of
a metal spoon. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Use the overhanging paper to remove from the pan, then cut into squares.
Magazine issue date: Jul, 2017