Pop this roast harissa tray bake in the oven and let it work its magic.
- 1 hr
- 8 chicken pieces
- 80ml harissa paste
- squeeze lemon juice + extra
- 500g butternut cubes
- 2 handfuls shallots or 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- olive or avocado oil, to drizzle
- 1 garlic bulb, top cut off
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- handful baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Rub the chicken with the harissa and place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over. Add the butternut and onions and drizzle with oil. Season and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Squeeze the garlic out of the skin and mix through the vegetables with the chickpeas, spinach and extra lemon juice.
Magazine issue date: May, 2018