This roast lamb with mint sauce recipe is a classic but definitely a firm favourite!
- 2 hrs 30 mins
- Serves 8-10
- 8 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3kg leg of lamb
- olive or avocado oil, for drizzling
FOR THE MINT SAUCE
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large handfuls mint, chopped
- 15ml castor sugar
- 125ml white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Blitz the anchovies, lemon zest and garlic together until a paste forms.
- Rub the lamb with oil, place in a roasting pan and drizzle over half the lemon juice. Season. Roast for an hour. Drizzle over the rest of the lemon juice and rub in the paste. Roast for another hour, or until cooked to
your liking. Set aside for at least 15 minutes to serve warm or serve at room temperature.
- For the mint sauce, blitz all the ingredients. Season. Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
If the sauce is too runny, add more mint leaves. It should sit on your meat!
Magazine issue date: December, 2013