Olives, capers, rocket, Parmesan and roast peppers make up the tasty flavours in this roast pepper and rocket salad.
- 40 mins
- 3 yellow peppers, halved and deseeded
- 3 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 50g black olives
- 30ml capers
- 100g rocket
- 50g Parmesan shavings
FOR THE DRESSING
- 50ml olive or avocado oil
- 25ml balsamic vinegar
- 30ml wholegrain mustard
- 10ml honey
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the peppers on an oven tray and drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 20 minutes or until the skin starts to blister.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and transfer to a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the skin from the peppers and cut them in half. Leave them to cool completely.
- Pack the roasted peppers on a big platter. Sprinkle over the olives, capers and rocket. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad. Top with the Parmesan shavings.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: CRPHOTOGRAPHIC
Magazine issue date: December, 2014