This roast potato salad is a delicious vegan main or side dish.
- 1 hr 10 mins
- 1kg baby potatoes, halved
- 3ml ground cumin
- pinch chilli powder
- 60ml olive or avocado oil
- 30ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- handful mixed herbs (like dill, coriander and thyme), chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Combine the potatoes, cumin, chilli, oil and balsamic and spread out on a baking tray. Season. Roast for 30 minutes, then turn over the potatoes.
- Add the corn and continue roasting for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the pepper 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Slice the kernels off the corn and mix through the potatoes with the herbs and spring onions.
If you’re not following a vegan diet, sprinkle over 60ml crumbled feta for a vegetarian option.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: December, 2017