This delicious Roast Vegetable and Feta Pasta Bake makes a perfect lunch and dinner dish.
- 1 hr
- 1 large brinjal, diced
- 3-4 baby marrows, sliced
- 5ml chopped garlic
- 45ml olive oil
- 10ml dried oreganum
- 250g penne pasta
- 50g CLOVER butter
- 45ml flour
- 5ml dry mustard powder
- 375ml CLOVER milk
- 125ml grated CLOVER Cheddar cheese
- 400g prepared pasta sauce
- 250g CLOVER Feta cheese
- Combine the brinjal and marrows in a roasting pan. Add the garlic, olive oil, seasoning and herbs. Roast at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Boil the pasta according to instructions. Drain and add to the vegetables.
- Melt the butter, stir in flour and mustard powder and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in.
- the milk and cook until boiling and thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese. Season. Combine with the pasta and vegetables.
- Mix in the pasta sauce. Pour in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Crumble the Feta cheese over and bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes until golden
Magazine issue date: July, 2015