Turn to this roasted beetroot, chickpea and spinach salad with dukkah yoghurt dressing when your body asks for something wholesome.
- 1 hr
- 4 whole beetroots
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 150g baby spinach
- 50g feta, crumbled
- olive or avocado oil, for tossing
FOR THE DRESSING
- 60ml plain yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml dukkah
- juice of 1 lemon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Wrap each beetroot in foil and roast for 30-45 minutes, or until a skewer can easily be inserted into the flesh. Cool. Peel skin and cut into small wedges.
- Toss beetroot together with the chickpeas, spinach, feta and a splash of oil. Season. Scatter salad onto a large serving platter or individual plates.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients and season. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
Magazine issue date: January, 2018