Pump up the garlic flavour in this Roasted Garlic Hummus and reap all its health benefits!
- 35 mins
- 1 whole garlic bulb, tops cut off
- 30ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- juice of 1 lemon, to taste
- 15ml sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the garlic bulb on a baking tray and drizzle with extra oil. Season. Bake for about 30 minutes until soft. Cool to room temperature then squeeze the garlic out.
- Blitz the garlic pulp, chickpeas, oil and lemon juice together until smooth. Top with the sesame seeds and sprinkle with extra oil. Serve with chopped or baby vegetables and pita crisps or chunky fries.
Magazine issue date: May, 2015