Serve these rosemary bangers and cauliflower mash for a relaxed lunch.
- 50 mins
- 100g butter
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- handful thyme leaves
- 15ml sugar
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, chopped and cooked
- 500ml cooked cauliflower florets
- 125ml cream
- 3ml ground nutmeg
- handful parsley, chopped
- 4 lamb sausages
- 4 long rosemary stalks
- For the caramelised onions, melt 60g of the butter in a pan on medium. Add the onions, thyme and sugar,
and cook for 30 minutes or until caramelised. Stir occasionally and season. Add a splash of water if they brown too much.
- For the mash, heat the potato, cauliflower, remaining butter and cream until smooth. Add the nutmeg and parsley. Season.
- Roll each sausage up and thread onto a rosemary stalk. Cook over hot coals for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve the sausages with the onions and mash.
Magazine issue date: September, 2016