Spoil your guests with these self-saucing chocolate puddings.
- 35 mins
- 250ml self-raising flour, sifted
- 2.5ml salt
- 125ml castor sugar
- 80ml cocoa, sifted
- 125ml milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 100ml brown sugar
- 300ml boiling water
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- pouring cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a medium 8cm-deep ovenproof dish.
- Place the flour, salt, castor sugar and half the cocoa in a bowl. Whisk the milk, butter, egg and vanilla essence together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Combine the brown sugar and remaining cocoa and sprinkle over the batter.
- Slowly pour the boiling water over the batter mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pudding bounces back when pressed in the centre.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.
Magazine issue date: July, 2019