These home-made sesame cheese crackers are better than store-bought crackers!
- 15 mins
- Makes about 30
- 310ml cake flour
- pinch cayenne pepper
- pinch salt
- 150g butter, grated
- 120g mature Cheddar, grated
- 40g pecorino, finely grated
- 60ml black or white sesame seeds
- Sift the flour, cayenne and salt together. Rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles crumbs. Add cheeses and knead until it forms a dough.
- Roll dough into 2 x 15cm logs. Place seeds on a plate and roll the logs in this until coated. Roll each up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking paper. Cut logs into 7mm slices and place on baking trays. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked. Cool on trays.
Make ahead: these logs can also be kept frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before slicing.
Magazine issue date: January, 2017