This Turkish-inspired shish kebab is simple to make and packed with flavour.
- 25 mins
- 500g beef sausages
- 1-2 red onions, cut into wedges
- olive or avocado oil, for drizzling
- 30ml tahini
- 250ml Greek yoghurt
- ½ x 100g packet green olives, sliced
- handful pecan nuts, chopped
- 30ml sultanas
- 3ml chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 flatbreads
- handful mixed salad leaves
- Squeeze the meat from the casings and shape into 4-6 long sausages around skewers. Cook under a hot grill for about 15 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked. Add onions when turning and drizzle with oil.
- Stir the tahini into the yoghurt in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with the olives, nuts, sultanas and chilli flakes, if using. Serve on flatbreads with the kebabs, onions and leaves.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: August, 2019