Serve this smashed avo salad as a sharing starter at a party or as a healthy snack.
- 20 mins
- 3 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 3ml ground cumin
- handful each coriander and basil, chopped + extra
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 mealie
- 1 nectarine, cut into thin wedges
- crushed chillies, to sprinkle
- 120g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- tortilla chips, to serve
- Mash the avocados, lime juice and cumin. Mix through the herbs. Season.
- Cook the mealie in a griddle pan on high until charred all over. Cut off the kernels. Grill the nectarines.
- Spread the avo in a shallow dish and top with the kernels, nectarines and all the remaining toppings. Serve with the chips.
Health fact: Eating avocado or avocado oil with vegetables can dramatically increase the number of antioxidants
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: November, 2018