This budget-friendly smoked fish and rice salad makes a healthy and delicious supper.
- 30 mins
- 250ml Spekko Saman Brown Rice
- 4 eggs
- 15ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15ml curry powder
- 300g smoked fish (like snoek or haddock), skin and bones removed
- handful coriander, chopped
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Boil the eggs for 5-8 minutes (for soft eggs). Drain under cold water and peel.
- Heat the oil on medium-high and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Season and flake the fish. Add the fish, rice, coriander and tomatoes to the pan.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice to taste and serve with the remaining wedges and an egg on top.