We’ve turned the campfire treat of fire-roasted marshmallows and chocolate sandwiched between two cookies into yummy s’mores ice cream.
- 20 mins + freezing
- 625ml cream
- 180g dark chocolate, chopped
- 16 white marshmallows
- 385g tin condensed milk
- ½ x 200g packet Nutticrust cookies, crushed
- sugar cones, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 125ml cream and chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Scatter the marshmallows over a baking paper lined tray and bake for about 4 minutes or until toasted.
- Beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the condensed milk. Scrape hot marshmallows into the cream mixture and beat until well combined. Fold in the cookies.
- Layer the ice cream and ½ of the chocolate sauce in a freezer container. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Scoop into cones and drizzle with remaining chocolate sauce.
Stir 15ml brandy into the chocolate sauce.
FEATURE: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Oct, 2018