If you love speckled eggs you'll love this no-bake speckled egg cake.
- 25 mins + refrigeration
- 200g packet
- Nuttikrust biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 125ml icing sugar, sifted
- 1½ x 230g tubs cream
- cheese, softened
- juice of ½ lemon
- 250g speckled eggs
- 375ml cream
- Line an 18cm springform cake tin with baking paper. Blitz the biscuits until fine. Mix in the butter and press into prepared tin. Chill in fridge until firm.
- Combine the icing sugar, cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth. Roughly chop ½ of the speckled eggs and fold in.
- Beat the cream to soft peaks and fold into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon on top of the biscuit base and flatten the top with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Remove the cake from the tin and decorate the top with remaining eggs before serving.
FEATURE: NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTO: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: April, 2019