The baby marrow base in this spicy chicken salsa pizza is delicious!
- 45 mins + cooling
FOR THE BABY MARROW BASE
- 4 cups grated baby marrows
- 125ml mozzarella, grated
- 80ml ground almonds
- 45ml pecorino, finely grated
- 5ml dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
FOR THE TOPPING
- 250g mozzarella, grated
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml feta, chopped
- 2 roast chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 chilli, sliced or chopped (optional)
- handful coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Blitz the baby marrow and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Tip the baby marrow onto a clean tea towel and leave to cool a little.
- Once cool enough to handle, scrunch up the tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can, to prevent a soggy base. Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Press out onto the prepared tray into a 33cm circle. Bake for about 15 minutes or until firm and starting to brown.
- For the topping, sprinkle mozzarella over the base and top with mushrooms and feta. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Combine the chicken, onion, chilli (if using) and coriander and sprinkle over the pizza.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: February, 2019