Make these spicy samoosas in just 25 minutes!
- 25 mins
FOR THE FILLING
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10ml grated ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- 500g beef mince
- 45ml mild curry powder
- 12 strips samoosa or wonton pastry
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
- chutney, to serve
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the garlic, ginger, onion and chilli until soft. Add the mince and cook until browned. Add the curry powder and cook for a minute. Season. Cool slightly.
- Use 1 strip of samoosa pastry at a time. Place 1 heaped tablespoon of the mince on the bottom left-hand corner. Fold the pastry over itself to form a triangle until you reach the top, tuck any overhanging pieces into the seam.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying on medium and fry the samoosas in batches until golden. Drain on paper towel and serve with chutney.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JANA VAN SITTERT PHOTOS: CRPHOTOGRAPHIC
Magazine issue date: August, 2014