Serve these spicy tuna balls in tomato sauce in just 35 minutes!
- 35 mins
- 2 x 170g tins tuna chunks, drained
- 140ml breadcrumbs
- 5ml dried chilli flakes (optional)
- handful parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125ml pecorino, finely grated + extra
- 45ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 packet ready-made tomato sauce
- 400g risoni, cooked
- Combine the tuna, 60ml of the breadcrumbs, chilli, parsley, egg, and 60ml of the pecorino. Season. Mix well and shape
into small balls.
- Combine the remaining breadcrumbs and 60ml of pecorino, and coat the balls in the crumbs. Refrigerate for
- Heat oil on medium and fry the tuna balls in batches for about 5 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Combine the tomato sauce and risoni in a saucepan and heat through. Serve topped with the tuna balls and
Magazine issue date: July, 2017