A spinach and feta pie that's delicious for vegetarians!
- 45 mins + cooling
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g spinach, cooked and drained
- 100g flaked almonds, toasted
- 200g feta
- 3ml nutmeg
- 5 sheets phyllo pastry
- 100g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil on medium-high and sauté onion and garlic.
- Remove from heat, add the spinach, nuts, feta and nutmeg. Season and cool.
- Lightly grease a 24cm quiche tin with melted butter and line with a sheet of phyllo pastry, leaving the excess hanging over the sides. Brush the pastry with butter then layer with a second sheet. Repeat until all the pastry is used up.
- Spoon the spinach filling into the centre and fold the excess pastry over to cover. Brush the top with a little
melted butter and cook for 25-30 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Magazine issue date: July, 2018