It'll be impossible to keep little fingers off this Spotted Ice Cream Cake!
- 15 mins + freeze overnight
- Makes 1 X 20cm loaf cake
- 2 litres quality vanilla ice cream
- 1½ cups (375ml) Jelly Tots + extra for decorating
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
- Line a 20cm loaf tin with plastic wrap.
- Mix the Jelly Tots into the softened ice cream.
- Spoon into the lined tin, cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- To serve, stand the tin in boiling water for a few seconds and turn out onto a serving plate. Let the kids ‘decorate’ the cake with extra Jelly Tots and serve immediately.
For a more ‘adult’ version, omit the sweets and add 1/ 3 cup (80ml) Amarula and 1 cup (250ml) broken shortbread biscuits to the softened ice cream before spooning it into the tin.
Magazine issue date: January, 2011