The kids will love these juicy steak rolls – the perfect midweek meal!
- 20 mins + marinating
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 5ml cayenne pepper
- 3ml dried oregano
- 8 minute steaks
- 4 Portuguese rolls
- handful rocket
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, cut into ribbons
- Combine the oil, cayenne pepper and oregano. Add the steaks. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fry the steaks over hot coals for minutes on each side. Season.
- To serve, cut the rolls in half, fill with rocket, tomato, onion, 2 minute steaks and cucumber.
Make a spicy mayo and add a dollop or two to the steak rolls: combine 125ml mayonnaise with 10ml cayenne pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice, a small handful chopped coriander and season. Mix well.
Magazine issue date: September, 2016