These steak skewers make a great game day snack or pack them in for picnics or lunchboxes.
- 25 mins + marinating
- 500g beef steak (like sirloin or rump)
- 60ml soy sauce
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 45ml sweet chilli sauce + extra
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- Thinly slice the steak. Combine the remaining ingredients (except oil) and mix steak through. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Thread onto about 15 skewers. Brush with oil and grill on high for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked. Serve hot or cold with extra sweet chilli sauce.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: ROELENE PRINSLOO
Magazine issue date: Feb, 2019