A splash of white wine, grated ginger and fresh coriander make this a fresh, delicious meal
- 45 mins
- 4 chicken fillets, thickly sliced
- 20ml chopped garlic
- 10ml grated ginger
- 10ml dried red chilli flakes (optional)
- 30ml white wine
- 30ml soy sauce
- 15ml sesame oil
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 125ml raw peanuts
- 5ml cornflour
- 60ml chicken stock
- 5ml Chinese five spice
- 4 green salad onions, sliced + extra for serving
- coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
- rice, to serve
- Combine the chicken, garlic, ginger, chilli flakes, white wine, soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat half the oil in a wok on high. Add the peanuts and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade in the bowl. Add the cornflour and chicken stock to the marinade and stir to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok on high. Add a quarter of the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with the remaining chicken.
- Return the chicken to the wok with the marinade, five spice, green onion and peanuts. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens. Serve on rice topped with coriander, extra green onions and limes.