Make and enjoy these Strawberry and Almond Teacakes to your heart's content.
- 35 mins
- 410ml (12/3 cups) icing sugar
- 180ml (¾ cup) cake flour
- 3ml (½ t) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 250ml (1 cup) ground almonds
- 5 egg whites
- 125g butter, melted
- 5ml (1t) vanilla essence
- 250ml (1 cup) strawberries, stalks removed and quartered
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 12 x 60ml silicon cupcake cups (or line a medium muffin tray with paper cases).
- Sift the icing sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together. Mix in the almonds. Make a well in the centre and stir in the egg whites, butter and vanilla until smooth. Spoon into the prepared tins and top with berries. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden.
Alternatively, use any of your favourite berries such as; raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries or a berry mix to make different versions of these delicious cakes.