Picture-perfect strawberry cheesecake ice-cream tart with summer fruit – delicious!
- 20 mins + freezing
FOR THE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE-CREAM BASE
- 250ml cream
- 250ml milk
- squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 8ml vanilla essence
- 230g tub cream cheese, at room temperature
- 125ml castor sugar
- 200g strawberries, roughly chopped
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
- 200g packet Tennis biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- seasonal fruits, to decorate
- For the ice-cream base, blitz together the cream, milk, lemon juice, vanilla, cream cheese, sugar and half of the strawberries until smooth. Stir in remaining strawberries and freeze for about 8 hours, beating every hour to break up ice crystals, until a soft ice cream forms.
- For biscuit base, grease a 28cm round tart tin. Blitz the biscuits until fine crumbs form. Add butter and mix to combine. Press the mixture into the base and sides of the prepared tin. Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Pour the soft ice cream into the biscuit base and freeze for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight until firm. Serve topped with seasonal fruit.
Variation: Instead of making a tart, you can also freeze the ice cream base completely and serve in cones.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
We used granadilla, grapes, figs, berries and papaya.
Magazine issue date: January, 2017