Try this cheesy take of a Stuffed Chicken Roll, perfect with roasted potatoes or a healthy side-salad.
- 1 hr 20 mins
- 15ml olive or avocado oil + extra
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 250ml Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 125ml Feta cheese, crumbled
- 250ml white breadcrumbs
- 1 deboned chicken
- roast potatoes, to serve
- rocket, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil on medium and cook the garlic and spinach with a splash of water until just wilted and the liquid has evaporated. Cool to room temperature. Mix in the cheeses and bread. Season.
- Lay the chicken skin-side down on the work surface and season. Spread the cooled spinach mixture evenly over the chicken and roll up. Tie with kitchen string and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with extra oil and season. Roast for about an hour until cooked.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes. Remove the string and slice it. Serve with roast potatoes and rocket.