It's not very hard to make, and looks divine!
- 50 mins
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 3 tbsp (45ml) red pesto
- handful thyme leaves
- 2L chicken stock or water
- For the ratatouille
- 3 tbsp (45ml) olive or avocado oil + extra
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups (500ml) mixed vegetables (brinjal, red pepper, baby marrows and cherry tomatoes), chopped
- ¾ cup (180ml) tomato passata
- handful of thyme leaves
handful baby leaves (like basil)
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- For the chicken, place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten by bashing with a rolling pin until about 1cm thick. Remove the plastic wrap and season.
- Mix the Feta, pesto and thyme together and divide between the centres of each seasoned chicken breast. Roll the chicken up into a cylindrical shape. Roll each up tightly in a large double layer of plastic wrap and tie the ends up. (Make sure the chicken is rolled with plenty of spare cling film at the ends, to make it easier to tie up.)
- Heat the stock in a 2.5L saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the wrapped chicken and cook for about 20 minutes until firm and cooked.
- For the ratatouille, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft. Add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Add the passata and thyme and cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Season.
- Take the chicken out and remove the wrap. (Be careful not to burn). Heat extra oil over high heat and cook the chicken until golden all over. Season.
- Thickly slice the chicken and serve on top of the ratatouille vegetables. Garnish with baby leaves.