This vegan-friendly, sweet potato ginger curry is low GI and full of ingredients to help boost your immunity.
- 30 mins
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm ginger, finely grated
- 5ml ground turmeric
- 15ml mild curry powder
- 500g sweet potato, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 30ml peanut butter
- 375ml vegetable stock
- handful coriander, chopped
- handful peanuts
- brown rice, to serve
- Heat a splash of oil on medium-high and sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and curry powder. Add
the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, peanut butter and stock. Season.
- Cover, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until sweet potatoes are cooked. Sprinkle with coriander and peanuts. Serve with rice.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Aug, 2018