These sweet potato pies are vegetarian friendly and a delicious supper on a budget.
- 1 hr
- 400g sweet potato cubes (without skin)
- handful coriander, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 400g puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 large baby marrows, thinly sliced or grated
- handful mint, finely chopped
- 250ml plain yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water for about 20 minutes or until soft. Drain and mash. Stir in the
coriander, onions and chilli. Season. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Unroll and cut the pastry into 6 rectangles and divide the potato mixture between the bottom halves of each rectangle, leaving a 1cm border around each. Use your finger to spread water on the borders and fold over to enclose.
- Press pastry seams with a fork to seal and place on a baking paper lined tray. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the baby marrows and mint. Combine the yoghurt and garlic. Season. Serve with the pies.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Apr, 2019