Tabbouleh is a traditional middle eastern side salad that vegans and vegetarians will love.
- 50 mins
- 180ml IMBO Pearl Wheat
- 2 handfuls parsley, finely chopped
- small handful mint, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100ml olive or avocado oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Soak the wheat in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Squeeze out any excess water by wrapping the soaked wheat in a dishcloth
and giving it a good squeeze.
- Combine the herbs, wheat, tomatoes and onion. Stir in the oil and lemon juice and season. The
flavours develop over time, so make the salad a day in advance.