Asparagus, peas and fennel bulbs add a fresh twist to this tagliatelle with lemon cream sauce pasta dish.
- 30 mins
- 60g butter
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 250g tagliatelle pasta
- 350g asparagus, halved
- handful mange tout
- handful sugar snap peas
- 2 small fennel bulbs, sliced lengthways
- 200g frozen peas
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 250ml cream
- 50g finely grated pecorino + extra
- handful mixed herbs (like chives, parsley and coriander)
- Heat butter on medium and sauté the leeks.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 7 minutes. Add the asparagus, mange tout, sugar snap peas,
fennel and peas and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Drain, reserving some of
the cooking liquid. Add the leeks.
- Bring the zest and cream to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Add lemon juice to taste and pecorino.
Season. Mix through the pasta, along with some of the reserved cooking liquid if you like. Sprinkle with
herbs and extra pecorino and serve immediately.
Magazine issue date: Nov, 2017