Delicious flavours such as; ginger, garlic, coriander and sesame seeds make these Thai Fishcakes a winning recipe!
- 30 mins
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5ml fresh ginger, grated
- 500g sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 x 170g tins tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 30ml coriander, chopped + extra
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a splash of oil on medium and cook the spring onions, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes, until soft. Take off the heat and mix in the sweet potato. Next, stir in the tuna, egg and coriander. Season and divide the mixture into 12 patties.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on a plate and coat the patties with the seeds. Heat another splash of oil on medium and fry the patties in batches for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked. Serve with sweet chilli sauce, extra coriander, lime wedges and a green salad.
Magazine issue date: May, 2014