Your guests will love you forever if you serve them these low-carb scones slathered in whipped cream and topped with berries.
- 35 mins
- Serves 6
- 55g almond flour
- 65g coconut flour
- 30ml xylitol
- 10ml baking powder
- 2.5ml xanthan gum
- pinch salt
- 110g butter, softened
- 125ml cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10ml vanilla essence
- whipped cream, to serve
- raspberries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flours, xylitol, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Add the butter, cream, eggs and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Turn the dough out on a clean lightly coconut-floured work surface. Pat the dough out to 4cm thickness. Cut out 6 scones using a 6cm diameter cookie cutter.
- Place the scones on the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream and raspberries.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN AND INGE BARTSCH PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: September, 2016