These tomato, basil and feta tarts make lovely finger snacks for platters.
- 35 mins
- Makes 6
- 400g roll puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60ml (¼ cup) caramelised onion or onion marmalade
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small tub Danish Feta, cut into small cubes
- balsamic vinegar reduction, for drizzling
- handful basil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut out 6 x 8cm rounds from the pastry. Place the rounds on the baking tray and lightly brush each one with egg.
- Divide the onion between the centres of the pastry rounds, leaving 1cm border. Top with the tomatoes and a cube of cheese. Season.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and top with basil leaves.
Magazine issue date: October, 2015