Cool down with a delicious and fruity Tropical Sorbet.
- 30 mins + freezing
- 180ml castor sugar
- 310ml warm water
- 565g tin litchis in syrup, drained
- 425g tin mango slices in light syrup, drained
- 2 x 110g tins granadilla pulp
- squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 2 egg whites
- Heat the sugar and water on medium, stirring, for about 5 minutes until dissolved. Then simmer, without stirring, for about 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Allow to cool completely.
- Blitz the litchis and mango slices until smooth. Press through a sieve into a bowl and discard the pulp. Mix in the sugar syrup, granadilla pulp and lemon juice. Cover and freeze for about 2 hours, until almost firm.
- Blitz the sorbet and egg whites together in a food processor until smooth, but not melted. Pour the mixture into a 10cm x 21cm loaf pan. Cover and freeze for about 3 hours or until frozen.