These Tuna Croquettes are delicious hot or cold. Enjoy them with a salad for lunch, or pop a few into the kids' school lunch.
- 30 min
- 425g potatoes, cooked
- 30ml milk
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 170g tins tuna in brine, drained
- handful flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250ml dried breadcrumbs
- oil, for frying
- Mash the potatoes with the milk, until smooth.
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the onion mixture together with the tuna and parsley to the mashed potatoes. Stir together until combined. Season.
- Roll the mixture into pingpong balls. Place the eggs in a shallow dish and the breadcrumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip the croquettes, 1 at the time, into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Shallow fry them for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
Magazine issue date: June, 2015