A delicious tuna pasta bake recipe that's a proper family favourite.
- 50 mins
- 300g pasta shells
- olive or avocado oil, for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 410g tins chopped tomatoes
- 100g pitted green olives, chopped
- 2 x 170g tins tuna chunks, drained
- 180ml mozzarella, grated
- 80ml pecorino, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a 1.25L baking dish. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Heat a splash of oil on medium and sauté the onion, pepper and garlic. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Mix the pasta, olives and tuna through. Season and spoon
into the prepared dish.
- Top with mozzarella and pecorino and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
Magazine issue date: July, 2017