If you like tuna then you'll like this flavourful tuna pizza!
- 45 mins + proofing
- 830ml bread flour
- 10g dry yeast
- 5ml salt
- 375ml tepid water
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- 410g tin Mexican Style diced tomatoes
- 425g tin tuna chunks, drained
- 100g black olives, halved and pitted
- 100g mozzarella, grated
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt and water until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm spot for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 4-6 equal-sized balls (depending on how big you want to make the pizza).
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat 2 large baking trays in the oven. Roll each dough ball out to 3mm thick pizza bases and place onto the preheated baking trays. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Top the pizza with the tomatoes, tuna, olives and mozzarella. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining dough and ingredients.
FEATURE: VICKIE DE BEER ASSISTED BY JULIA VAN MAARSEVEEN PHOTOS: LEE SCHWAGELE
Magazine issue date: March, 2017