Vegans will absolutely love making and indulging in this guilt-free Vegan Chickpea Burger.
- 1 hr
- 375ml Pouyoukas Chickpeas
- 410g tin whole sweetcorn kernels
- handful coriander, chopped
- 3ml each of ground cumin,
- coriander and paprika
- zest of 1 lemon
- 60ml cake flour + extra
- olive oil, for frying
- Cook the chickpeas according to packet instructions. Drain. Blitz the chickpeas, corn, coriander, spices, lemon zest and flour until combined but not smooth – retain a bit of texture.
- Divide into 6 balls on a flour-dusted surface and shape into patties. Place on a floured tray and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Heat a splash of oil on medium and fry the patties for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked.
Add to buns with lettuce, tomatoes, gherkins and sweet chilli sauce.
Magazine issue date: February, 2016