This crunchy vegan chop-chop salad is packed with nutrients.
- 25 mins
FOR THE DRESSING
- 60ml peanut butter
- 30ml olive oil
- lemon juice, to taste
- 80ml water
- 30ml Dijon mustard
- 15ml maple syrup
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
FOR THE SPICED CARROTS
- 2 carrots, grated
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
FOR THE SALAD
- 100g packet baby spinach, finely chopped
- small handful coriander, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 500ml purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 500ml broccoli florets, broken into small florets
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 180ml peanuts
- For the dressing, blitz all the ingredients until combined. Season.
- For the carrots, combine all the ingredients.
- For the salad, combine all the ingredients and add the carrots. Serve with the dressing.
Variation: If you can’t find maple syrup, use honey, but remember that it can only be served to vegetarians, not vegans.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY NOMVUSELELO MNCUBE PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Apr, 2017