The Vegetable and Chickpea Tray Bake is heart-healthy and delicious to enjoy with family.
- 45 mins
- 3 baby marrows, thickly sliced through the length
- 5 baby brinjals, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15ml coriander seeds
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 100g baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine the baby marrows, brinjals, garlic, peppers, potatoes, onions and coriander in a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, tossing once or twice until tender and brown around the edges.
- Add the chickpeas and roast for about 5 minutes until heated through. Toss the spinach through before serving.
Magazine issue date: September, 2015