This Vegetable Soup is delicious and freezes well, so make a lot and freeze the rest for later in the week!
- 1 hr 30 mins
- 15ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 410g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- 250g butternut, cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced
- ½ small cabbage, sliced
- 1.5L water
- 1 bay leaf
- 300g barley
- handful parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion, garlic and celery. Add the tomatoes, butternut, carrots, cabbage, water, bay leaf and barley. Season. Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for an hour until the barley is cooked. Remove the bay leaf.
- Blend the soup to your liking with a stick blender. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve warm.
Cool and then freeze the soup in portion sizes for quick lunches.