This vegetarian baked enchilada is an absolute winner.
- 40 mins
- 500ml tomato passata
- 3 spring onions, sliced + extra
- 410g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 500ml frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- handful coriander, chopped
- 6 tortillas
- 375ml mozzarella, grated
- 375ml Cheddar, grated
- 1 avocado, chopped
- squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine passata, onions, beans, corn and coriander. Season.
- Place 1 tortilla in a greased 25cm springform cake tin. Top with 180ml of the bean mixture and 60ml of each cheese. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of tortilla and cheese only. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the avo and lemon juice. Season and serve with the bake and extra onion sprinkled over.
FEATURE: MARGIE ELS-BURGER ASSISTED BY ALFRED NQAYI PHOTOS: DYLAN SWART
Magazine issue date: Apr, 2018