Meat-free comfort food doesn't get any better than this easy vegetarian chilli dish.
- 45 mins
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 3ml ground cinnamon
- 5ml ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ½ cups cooked IMBO Red Speckled Beans
- 1 ½ cups cooked IMBO Brown or Red Lentils
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 15ml tomato paste
- 5ml sugar
- 60ml parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion, chilli and red pepper. Add the cinnamon and cumin and cook for a further 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the garlic, beans, lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Season. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until fairly thick. Stir in the parsley.
Serve with Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice.