Meat-free comfort food doesn't get any better than this easy vegetarian chilli dish.
- 25 mins
- 30ml olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 3ml ground cinnamon
- 5ml ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 420g tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 420g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 15ml tomato paste
- 5ml sugar
- 60ml parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil on medium and sauté the onion, chilli and pepper. Add the cinnamon and cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add the garlic, beans, lentils, tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar. Season. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until quite thick. Stir in the parsley.
Serve with Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice.
Magazine issue date: July, 2017